Oxford-Arlan Hamilton and Earline Butler Sims Scholarship, 2020: Applications are invited from eligible candidates to apply for the International scholarship at the prestigious Oxford University, United Kingdom. The scholarship, launched for the 2020 academic session is available to UK undergraduates of Black African and Caribbean heritage who are from disadvantaged backgrounds. The Oxford-Arlan Hamilton &Earline Butler Sims Scholarship, named as a living tribute to Arlan’s mother is aimed at providing award for 2020 entry to cover annual fees and living costs and an internship grant to support a placement opportunity during a scholar’s course.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Oxford-Arlan Hamilton & Earline Butler Sims Scholarship
Scholarship to be taken at: Oxford University, United Kingdom
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Scholarship level: Undergraduate
Scholarship Worth: Award to cover 3-4 years of tuition and internship grant.
Subject Eligibility: Undergraduate courses available at Oxford University, United Kingdom
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The Scholarship is for UK and Black African and Caribbean students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Oxford-Arlan Hamilton and Earline Butler Sims Scholarship, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be ordinarily resident in the UK and Black African or Caribbean students who are passionate about advancing their educational career at Oxford University, United Kingdom
- Applicants for the Oxford-Arlan Hamilton & Earline Butler Sims scholarship award must have obtained good grades in their high school prior to applying for admission at Oxford University.
- Applicants are to abide by the rules and regulations governing student’s conduct at Oxford University, United Kingdom.
- Applicants must be from a disadvantaged background and must be offered admission to study at University of Oxford.
- Applicants are to write a statement of between 500 and 1,000 words explaining why the scholarship would be of benefit to his/her Oxford studies, how it would help the student achieve his/her academic goals and how applicant’s education would be of future benefit to your community and or society.
Application Procedure for the Oxford-Arlan Hamilton and Earline Butler Sims Scholarship, 2020
Applicants must make an application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS and be successful in gaining a place for entry in 2020. The application form will be made available to applicants in spring of 2020
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2020