Chinese Government Scholarships for Foreign Students at Nanjing University: Applications are currently being received for the Chinese Government Scholarships and funding program for international students to study at Nanjing University, China. The scholarships are open to students from all nationalities and aims to support high performing students achieve their dream of studying in China.
While it is directly beneficial to the students, the scholarships also aims to increase the mutual understanding and friendship to develop the communication and cooperation between China and the rest of the world in the field of education, technology, culture and economics.
Nanjing University was founded in 1902, is well-known for its strong academic portfolio and outstanding professors. In fact,Nanjing University is one of the top 5 universities in China under the direct supervision of the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Chinese Government.
Scholarships to be taken at: Nanjing University, China.
Scholarship Type: Fully-Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Slots: Not Stated.
Scholarship Worth: Please see scholarship benefits.
Subject Eligibility: All programs tenable at the university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be eligible for the Chinese Government Scholarships for Foreign Students at Nanjing University;
- Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens and be healthy both physically and mentally.
- Applicants for a master’s degree must have acquired their bachelor’s degrees, and should not be older than 35.
- Applicants for a PhD degree must have acquired their master’s degrees, and should not be older than 40.
- Applicants for a bachelor’s degree must have acquired their high school diplomas, and should not be older than 25.
- For graduates to obtain their degrees in 2020, they should submit a Pre-graduation certificate to guarantee that they have the competence to complete their studies and acquire the degree by July of 2020.
- Applicants will have to check the general entry requirements for their study.
- Language Requirement: Students can demonstrate English language proficiency by the following test scores:
- Science: new HSK level 4; Liberal Arts: new HSK level5
- Science: new HSK level 5; Liberal Arts: new HSK level6
- IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 90.
- Scholarship Benefits: The award is broken down thus;
- Allowance: In the scholarship duration, grantees will be provided with a monthly stipend of RMB 3,000 and RMB 3,500 for master’s degree students and PhD degree students, respectively. The stipend for the undergraduates is RMB 2,500/month.
- Tuition: Tuition will be waived.
- Health Insurance: A health insurance will be provided to the grantee by CSC for the entire duration of his/her scholarship.
- Accommodation: A free accommodation will be provided to a grantee in the International Dormitory ofthe University for the entire duration of the scholarship.
Application Procedures for the Chinese Government Scholarships for Foreign Students at Nanjing University – How-to-Apply:
The specific application procedure is as follows (You also have to visit the official webpage for full details on how to apply).
- Register and apply at the CSC website (http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/). After filling in the online application form (for Agency No., please fill in “10284”; for Programme Type, please choose “B”), please click the“submit” button and print out the application form.
- Register and apply at NJU’s China International Student Service System (http://istudy.nju.edu.cn/ ). After filling in the online application form (for the programme type, please choose “CSC Scholarship”), please click the “submit”button, print out the application form, and sign on it.
- Post a hard copy of the following documents to the scholarship coordinator (address below) of Nanjing University before the deadline. The submitted documents will not be returned.
1) Printed CSC Scholarship Application Form;
2) Printed Application Form for Foreign Students to NJU with a signature;
3) Two original copies of the academic transcripts;
4) Two copies of the certificate of your highest diploma;
5) Two recommendation letters from the professors of the school you last attended;
6) Copy of the new HSK test certificate (for the Chinese-taught programs) or IELTS/TOEFL test result (for the English-taught programs);
7) Detailed proposal for study and research in China;
8) List of papers published in professional or scientific journals & copies of representative papers or abstracts of articles (no more than 3 copies);
9) Copy of the physical examination report;
10) Copy of the first page of your passport;
11) Applicants for the PhD programs also need to supply the abstract of their master-program’s graduation dissertation.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020