Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LExS) in Netherlands: The Leiden University is offering the Excellence scholarship programme for highly brilliant international students wishing to study in the Netherlands on scholarship commencing the next academic year.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LExS) is for excellent non-EEA/non-EFTA* students joining a full-time Leiden University Master’s degree programme; and for excellent students of all nationalities joining an LLM Advanced Studies programme or the Master’s in International Relations & Diplomacy.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Leiden University.
Scholarships to be taken at: Leiden University, Netherlands.
Scholarship Type: Tuition Award.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: The scholarship will cover;
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee (also referred to as home fee)
Subject Eligibility: All Master’s programme at Leiden University – with the exception of LLM (non-advanced) programmes.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Applicants must be Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2020
- Applicants must have previous degrees with excellent grades
Application Procedures for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LExS) in Netherlands, 2020 – How-to-Apply:
Interested applicants may follow the steps below to apply;
- Apply for an admission into a Master’s programme at the university and pay necessary acceptance fees (where applicable)
- Indicate your interest to apply for a LExS in the scholarship section of your online application.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a PDF file of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
- Programmes starting Sept 2020: 1st Feb 2020 (CLOSED)
- Exception – LLM Advanced Studies programmes: 1st March 2020
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for Further Details.