Romanian Government Scholarships for Foreign Undergraduate and Postgraduate: Are you interested in studying in Romania on full scholarship? As a foreign student from anywhere around the globe (except EU member countries), here is an opportunity for you. The Government of Romania is offering scholarships for foreign citizens to study in Romania commencing 2020/20201 academic session. The scholarships are fully funded study opportunities for outstanding students.
The scholarship program offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to foreign citizens, based on H.G. 288/1993, for the academic year 2020 – 2021, was launched. The scholarships are offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies. See the methodology, calendar and list of universities enrolled in the program.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Romania.
Scholarships to be taken at: Selected institutions in Romania.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Slots: Not Stated.
Scholarship Worth: between €200 and a maximum of €720.
Subject Eligibility: Any degree program.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International Students.
General Eligibility Criteria: Generally candidates applying for the Romanian Government Scholarships 2020/21 should;
- Be a foreign citizen from countries not member of the European Union
- Have a pre-qualification for the study level they are applying for
- Meet other conditions for applying to the scholarships, as may differ depending on applicant’s country.
The scholarship consists of:
- Free-of-charge tuition,
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered freeof-charge in students halls of residence, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing:
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctorate degree) 3rd cycle.
Application Procedures for the Romanian Government Scholarships for Foreign Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students, 2020/21 – How-to-Apply:
To get all the necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin, or of residence, or to
- the diplomatic mission of the candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
Applications files should contain documents in the English or French languages. If the application files contain documents in foreign languages other than English or French, they must be accompanied by authorized translations in one of the following languages: Romanian, English or French. Generally, Romanian universities may require that all enrolment documents should be accompanied by authorized copies and authorized translations in Romanian.
Application Deadline: June 26th, 2020