2020 Helmut Veith Scholarship in Computer Science for International Students: Applications are invited from qualified and highly motivated female international students to apply for the Helmut Veith Stipend award for the 2020 academic session. The scholarship aims to support bright students from around the world who are interested in enrolling in one of the master’s programs in Computer Science at Tu Wien taught in English.
The Helmut Veith stipend is dedicated to an outstanding computer scientist of blessed memory whose work was in the field of logic in computer science, computer-aided verification, software engineering and computer security.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Helmut Veith Stipend
Scholarship to be taken at: Tu Wien, Austria
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (MSc)
Scholarship Worth: Tuition fees waiver, EUR 6000 annually for up to two years.
Subject Eligibility: Logic and Computation, Business Informatics, European master in Computational Logic, Computer Engineering, Data Science, Media and Human-Centered Computing.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for full-time international female students
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the 2020 Helmut Veith Scholarship in Computer Science for International Students, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be eligible for admission to one of the master’s programs in computer science at Tu Wien that are taught in English for the 2020/21 session.
- Applicants must have been granted admission to study at Tu Wien and must be female students.
- Applicants must have obtained a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent degree.
- Applicants must have extensive knowledge and interest in at least one of Helmut Veith’s areas of research which include: Logic in Computer Science; Formal Methods and Verification; Foundations of Artificial Intelligence; Complexity Theory; Computer Security; Proficiency in English.
Application Procedure for the 2020 Helmut Veith Scholarship in Computer Science for International Students
Applicants are to submit the following supporting documents while applying:
- Cover letter including the description of the funding type the student is applying for and other areas the applicant deems necessary for the application.
- Curriculum vitae; letter of motivation describing the reasons why the applicant wants to study in the programme, why funding is required and which group the applicant would like to work with during their master’s thesis.
- Academic transcripts, Diplomas and/or certificates signed and stamped by the degree awarding university or educational institution.
- Letter of recommendations from two referees.
- Test of English proficiency.
- A copy of applicant’s passport.
Applicants are to send their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject “Application” as a single PDF document.
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2020